King of Bukit Larut 2015, Bravo!

12:42 Yannie 18 Comments

Thanks folks for wishing me good luck to be King of Bukit Larut 2015. I am very happy and very proud of being at the 3rd place in 10KM category women's open. This was my virgin run on hiking trail, and it was running uphill 5km and downhill 5km at my lovely hometown Bukit Larut. I feel that all my hard work and time spent training for hours in the gym every day is all paid off. I did it and the result has told me that I am doing good in my exercise routine.

Posing for the album before the flag off
I wanted to thank my husband for sending me there and watching my two girls at home when I taking part in the run. He just said, "Good luck!" and left me there with other runners from everywhere. I met Mak Glam there, she was really glam in her running outfits until I could spot her far far away.  

Despite of feeling shortness of breath after 3km, I could force a smile when seeing camera facing me. 
1 KM before the U Turn station, some male runners going downhill told me that I was the top few female runners in my category. There was a chance for winning. First time I had that thought.

Going downhill, I was overtaken by 1 female runners and few male runners. 
I brought nothing with me in my run, except a face towel. Yannie bathed in own sweat. 

I reached finishing line and I felt terribly "High" when hearing the emcee announcing my bib number for being the 2nd runner up. (Thanks Zaini for taking this picture)
First time, I heard so many people cheering and clapping for me. I felt so energetic, youthful and happy.

Wearing the 3rd Place tag and feeling so proud of myself. 
I quickly borrowed a phone from my colleague to call home. First, I wanted to share my happiness with them and second, I wanted them to come and witnessed me receiving prize.

Receiving goodies bag, medal and cash money from the sponsor and organizer.
I never thought of bagging anything in the beginning of the run. My achievement has brought me tremendous satisfaction.

A group picture with the champion(middle) and first runner-up (right). 
Exhaustion and excitement, the emotion made me lose my interest to food. I didn't take any nasi lemak, watermelon and bananas that served at the foot of the hill. I only took a bowl of Cendol and many cups of 100% Plus to quench my thirst.

The official result of King Of Bukit Larut 2015
After this first run on trail, I haven't signed up any run. I thought of giving myself a break from my training. I just want to enjoy my exercise regime, such as swimming, gym, zumba, and yoga at the mean time. 

18 comments:

  1. Congrats! Just the beginning. Keep at it and I'm sure you will get better and better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! Bravo! A great run.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you looking good! Congratulations ...very soon you can save some petrol and jog your way to work..hehe...just kidding! keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. claps claps claps!!! finally Yannie is blogging about her glory during the King of Bukit Larut run a few weeks ago.. we have all already heard about her 威水史 from lina's blog lah, hahaha!! and really no joke leh, you bagged the 3rd place for your virgin run, that was indeed very 威風 i would have to say.. impressive achievement that was, you have did such a great job and you should be proud of yourself, Yannie!!

    Uncle SK would not have run that far, haha, in fact long time he has not run but only brisk walking the most.. got problem with ankle so better now lah.. i also noticed you were wearing something around your right ankle, was that the injury you had earlier?? wah, now come to think of it, if you did not injure yourself earlier, probably you will get a better placing, really the Queen of Bukit Larut for her virgin run!! or at least you can bag a second since you are just 3 minutes apart..

    so we shall be seeing Yannie in action in coming races.. i have heard this will be rather addicting after your first run, hehe~~ :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratz! So we now Jog & Blog with Yan.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! You look good while running! Happy Mother's Day to you! May you have a good celebration with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It feels as great as winning first prize isn' it? Congratulations! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations again Yannie. Wished you on FB dy but wishing you here again. And Happy Mother's Day to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bravo Yannie!

    Virgin run already get 3rd place. Soon you will be top place leh.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done, Yan! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hip! Hip! Hooray! Congratulations to Mama Yannie for coming up 3rd placing! Your win certainly has been recorded inside the Bukit Larut's History books now after James Birch. Muahahahaha We are all happy and excited for your win as we know you so well. Honestly, I was not surprised that you won as you have been training for so long from the land to the high seas on the Libra Cruise Ship too. If you didn't win, we might get a shock instead. Ha ha ha..

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow...Well done and congratulations!! That was a good timing for 10KM trail run. Even my virgin 10Km run on flat surface was around your timing. You are really fast!! Keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow..congratulations and bravo! keep it up..

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations Yannie (hope it's not too late la xD)!

    Salute you la!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wah, 3rd place, very good already, congrats !!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wah, 3rd place, very good already, congrats !!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations! I really admire your will power!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are an inspiration! Are you still running 10/12km daily?

    ReplyDelete