Wish me luck to be King of Bukit Larut

16:48 Yannie 13 Comments

I missed the Taiping Run on 21 December 2014 due to my Archilles tendonitis.  I swear to myself that I must sign up another run once my ankle is fully recovered. Desperately, I signed up the 10 KM, Women Open King of Bukit Larut on 26 April 2015.

When I told my husband and a few friends about my decision, no one supported me. They said running up Bukit Larut is no joke, it is way too different from running on flat surface like treadmill. Even my husband asked me to consider withdrawing from the event, but I insisted.

I went to run at Bukit Larut last Saturday. I could only run up to 4KM, and I started to walked up to 5KM. I made U turn and ran downhill. Altogether 10KM, I took about 1.5 hours. I felt so worn out and my whole body was over strained. I still think that I have done a good job, since it was my first training at Bukit Larut.

Tomorrow is the date. I am kind of nervous. I know that it is going to be very tough for me, as I only run on treadmill.


lina said that there are plenty of good food waiting for all finishers after the run. She asked me to enjoy the food and forget about the diet. I am looking forwards to feast on Cendol, Nasi Lemak and etc after my dreadful 10KM run.


Morning, I must take something nutritious, energy-packed and healthy. So, I have decided to take overnight oats and bananas as my breakie before the run. Then, I shall not refrain myself from eating those high calories or high carbs food that served at the foothill to treat myself for completing the run.


My husband has bought tomorrow movie tickets of Fast and Furious 7. The girls want  to go to McD for lunch before the movie. If I can successfully conquer the 10KM at King of Bukit Larut, I shall allow myself to take all those fattening fast food which I have resisted for so long. 

13 comments:

  1. Running on a treadmill is most definitely very different compared to running uphill. The way to use your muscles are completely different. Anyway, all the best to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh? Going to watch F&F7? Don't cry, ya! LOL!!! Jiayu...jiayu...good luck! Sure you can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, I guess by the time i come to comment, Yannie must have already finished with the run and probably she's the Queen of Bukit Larut already!! indeed, saw you on FB and you ended with a 3rd placing in your category!! wow, indeed a very proud achievement for a great start of you road to marathoning!! congratulations Hot Mama!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so did you run together with Lina?? or probably she runs in another category and you did not bump into the bunny?? but good that you consult the expert, yes, pamper yourself with carbs and lots of carbs, because they make us happy!! and FF7 for tonight, enjoy it and have a good celebration yeah~~ :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So I guess everything went well and you are enjoying your Sunday with your family?

    Jia you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, congratulations! You did it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done! I am also nervy for my half marathon in July, having ran 11km so far but I'm sure willpower can overcome it. Worse come to worst, walk and run.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, I am too late to wish you good luck and all the best but I read the comments above that you have done it. So I will congratulate you instead. Well done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have done it!!! You have WON!!! Hip Hip Hooray!


    CONGRATULATIONS!! Time to buy a new shelf with more medals & trophies adding on.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think by now, you have already completed the run.. You have done it, congratulations !! Guess you have indulged yourself with a lot of food too, yummzzz...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Yan,

    Sorry that I have been sending you a Good Luck message!

    How was your run? I'm sure that you will nail it well!!! Have you been enjoying the "fattening" food after a good workout??? :p

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  12. You did quite well right? Saw your photo in FB, well done Yannie!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How was your run?
    It's going to be a big challenge for me to sign up for a run..have not been exercising for a long while, the only exercise I do is to clean the house..haa...

    ReplyDelete